At A N J Learning & Paediatric Physiotherapy Sydney – we would like to see the best for your family. Our Physiotherapists are kind, caring & compassionate. They are passionate about working with children and assisting your child to achieve all their goals and true potential.
Our clinic provides a warm and friendly environment where your child’s needs will be supported and their progress will be monitored and therapy will be modified accordingly. All of our Physiotherapists share a passion for working with children and families to best support their motor development.
Our Physiotherapists are committed to empowering children and families with skills which support your child to develop independence, navigate their environment safely and join in activities at home and within the community. They provide care for children with developmental, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions that can affect children and adults of all ages.
How can a Physiotherapist help your child?
Our Paediatric Physiotherapists can help your child by creating opportunities to develop a range of skills and encourage independence and confidence through play, movement-based activities and strategies. Some of the things our Physiotherapists can support your child with are:
- Low muscle tone, strength and/or endurance
- Gross motor skills and activities, e.g. running, walking, sitting
- Toe walking, in-toe walking (pigeon walking)
- Poor core strength
- Posture issues
- Difficulties with coordination, balance and proprioception
- Poor exercise endurance
- Injury and frequent falls
What is Paediatric Physiotherapy and the Benefits
Physiotherapists are extensively trained in the assessment, identification and treatment of child development and movement difficulties. Our Physiotherapists have highly developed skills to create individualised therapy programs for children that are fun, engaging and creative. They use movement-based play activities to ensure that your child achieves their goals while having some fun! Our Physiotherapy team collaborates with the key people in their life as well as other professionals who support your family to ensure a holistic approach to care.
- Identify what is going on for your child and why some difficulties or behaviours might be happening
- Provide you with a plan to get your child moving in the right direction immediately
- Our passionate Paediatric Physiotherapists holistically work together as a team with our other health therapists to ensure your child receives the best care and service and can achieve their goals as quickly as possible.
- You will see the same therapist each time you visit us at the clinic for your usual appointment. This means that your child and family become familiar with the therapist who will lead your child’s health journey. This also means the therapist will become familiar with how your child learns as their skills change and develop.
- Create an individualised solution to help you get the results that your family needs
Our Paediatric Physiotherapists can provide the following services:
All our therapists have a University degree in Physiotherapy and are members of both the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) as well as the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Our therapists have experience working with children of all ages.We believe every child has the right to have access to therapy, both online and face-to-face. We believe accommodating our clients by providing online services through tele-health is paramount to ensure your child participates to the best of their ability. If you are looking for Paediatric Physiotherapy Sydney area, feel free to give us a call for an appointment. Our experienced Physiotherapists would be more than happy to assist you with your needs. Some of the major therapies administered are the following:
- Assessment and management of multiple conditions
- Soft-tissue mobilisation to aid muscle stimulation and recovery
- Joint mobilisations to aid joint stiffness
- Fibreglass and plaster casting for fractures and to manage contractures
- Dry needling (acupuncture) services for muscle stimulation
- Exercise stretching and strengthening to aid various conditions
Physiotherapy Funding Options
There are options available to help you support your child with Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Music Therapy services. For Physiotherapy sessions, we are able to process: Medicare, Private Health & National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding for both assessment and therapy in our clinic.